Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year brings change

We ended 2010 with a insight that 2011 was going ot be a year of big change for our family. Im not hiding anything in this blog so please dont take any hidden meaning. I am not pregnant, not saying that is not in God's devine plan for us this year, but that i am leaving that completley and totally up to him. I refuse to think, daydream, or waste my time on wishing things outside of God's divine plan for me in THIS moment. Sure I would love to have a family in the future, but if I plan on focusing all of my attention this year I will miss what God is doing in me at the moment.

THis year has already had some major changes. As we have had much prayer and time alone with God individually as well as together as a couple, we feel that God is alling us to find another church home. This of course saddens our hearts and has brought many tears our way. There are many things taht we love about the church we are coming from, but God has a devine plan for the Anderson's this year and there is no time looking back. I have been complacent in my faith. I have leaned on the faith of my friends at church and have not challenged myself to grow in the past several months. This as as christian is a dangerous place to be. So while reading God's truth as well as the book "Radical" I was convicted that I needed to be out of my comfort zone. I let my husband know what I was feeling and he said that he had felt the same way. God is telling me to be where the unbelievers are. To be tested and work with those who dont knwo what they believe or feel as though they have no hope left. The church is the body of believers, and the gathering of believers should be together fro not only fellowship but for the main goal to reach the unreached. That is what we are called to do. It is my task as a christian to be in the mission field, wether it be in my hometown or in a foreign country (dont worry mom I am not saying I am moving to Africa before you freak out). I just know that GOd has big things in store for us this year, whatever they may be.

I know that the friendships that I have today are stronger than the ones that I had 2 years ago. I knwo that there are people that I can call on if I ever need anything. I knw that there are people praying for us and love us deeply, and for this I am so beyond greatful! This is a new year! Instead of focusing on my goals I am going to let God lead me... however that may be in whatever direction he chooses. I encourage you to do the same! See where God can take you... the possibilites are endless!

Blessed Beyond Measure

No comments:

Post a Comment