Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birthday come and go

So yesterday was my birthday. Every year I fight it and I am not sure why... but I do. I just have never been a fan of my own birthday. And because I do not care, I just dont see why other people care so much.

Paul wants me to have a great birthday every year! He tries but in the past the day has really crashed and burned. Last year was great with a couple of my close girls from church! They made it great and it is in a prior blog.

This year I fought it again, so much so that I actually texted Paul and told him FINE! We will do what YOU want to do on MY birthday! I know it was truley ugly but I did not know his plan, although it turned out great!

First thing, I woke up and got dressed and said that I would go to work feeling pretty and confident and have a great day! It was going to be just another day. I partially would be sad because one of my best friends who I talk to almost everyday about everything in my life good and bad was on a trip out of state for a spa trip for her birthday, but I wanted the day to go smoothly, and I was going to try. SO I decided to treat myself to a tea from Starbucks afterall it was my buirthday. When I ordered and pulled up, the lady behind me yelled at me to pull up. I did not mention that there were two people in front of me and I had no where to go... I was frustrated. Then I did a double take... her hair was sopping wet, and she was trying to put her make-up on in her rearview mirror. I got up to pay for my tea, and I asked if I could pay for her coffee. He said sure, and I asked that they just tell her to have a great day. That made me feel better.

But then I get to work and my boss wanted me to call someone who I did not want to call because I had no idea why I was being told to call her in the first place. I finally told him no, it was friday, and I did not feel like being yelled at on my birthday! And he said that he forgot it was my birthday... nothing like working with someone for almost 5 years and them being your "friend" to and that they forgot your birthday to put you in a great mood right...

Then Paul wanted me to go to dinner with him, when all I really wanted to do is to stay home... but then I decided to go, and a few of my great friends were there to suprise me! It was great! Then we went to some of my friends house and watched The Blind Side and it was a great reminder of showing grace to someone who we might not think deserves it... GREAT STORY!

So thank you all who wished me a happy birthday and you all have a special place in my heart!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment