Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Thursday, April 15, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient




I recently went to a women's night of praise through word and worship at Second Baptist Cypress Campus and was in awe of everything God used to enlighten my spirit. The speakers were Jo Beth Young, Pam Thompson and Tonya Riggle. Amazing women after the heart of God.




2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the time gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me.




Jo Beth Young told us that the seasons of our life are measured by our hands. Our clenched hands is a sign of our control issues. All we need to do is open our hands and let God's will for us take over.




Then Pam Thompson came and brought truth in a way I had never heard of, but that I relate to so deeply. The revelation of the doors of life. But there is hope in every door:




The door of inadequacy will bring confidence.


The door of dissapointment will bring encouragement.


The door of being overwhelmed will bring power.


The door of lonliness and exhaustion will bring contentment.


The door of fear will bring courage.


The door of worry will bring peace.


The door of loosing complete control will bring faith and release.


The door of sadness will bring joy.




John 10:9 - He is THE DOOR.


Hosea 2:15 - He takes our suffering and turns it into hope.


Revelation 3:7 - I alone hold the keys (a door that he opens can not be closed and a door that he closes can not be opened)




Then what I was not prepared for but probably should have been, Tonya Riggle...




The Door of Longing... She told a story of someone giving her advice so much to the point she felt like asking if she was wearing a suggestion box, and that she was not aware that she had put that on in the morning. I can completley relate to this, and because I relate to this so much I have shut down emotionally to many. I just want to hear God's plan for my life and not others suggestions. I have to rely on God instead of others to give me advice to get through the door. So I have become soft spoken about troubles and things that we are going through.




God is always faithfull to come.




I am continuing to rest upon The Rock. The one who can hold me when I am not strong enough to even raise my head. I don't want to be judged, or "fixed" by my friends. I want to rest in God's arms and rest on his promises that I am unique and special to him. So those who read my blog, please do not think that I am shutting down because of you specifically. I just don't want to "take things the wrong way" or be "over sensetive" because of the season my life is going through. It is a lot easier for me to talk about it, and get opinions... but often, although I have great friends that want to help, my heart hurts more by talking about the issues that break my heart. I am sure I will post things here from time to time about my journey... but I will have to see where my heart directs me.


No comments:

Post a Comment