Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary!




So yesterday Paul and I celebrated 4 years! We had an awesome day and this is how it all went down...

First during the day I get flowers! They are beautiful and so thoughtful! Paul made sure that there were 4 cali lillies, one for each year of our marriage. He also has an idea that this fall we will get 4 cali lilly bulbs and plant them, and each year we will plant another bulb... sooo thoughtful!

I had some things planned to do, so I left work early and headed out to get Paul's suprise! I had sooo much to do!!! I went to the store, and picked up a couple of things...

FIRST our sheets, Paul and I have been dealing with these horrible sheets that fold up anytime we move, and the elastic was torn and the matress pad is in pieces... so I wanted to pick up new sheets, and to my luck everything from the sheets to the comforter was 50% off!!! So that in itself was exciting!!!

Then I got to the jewlery counter and picked up Paul's 2nd present... his new watch! There were things that were going to make fingding this watch so much fun... but that is a little later.
I got home, and Paul called, he said that he was off work... I looked at the clock and started to panic a little. I still had sooo much to do!!! He said that he would be out and about for a while and this made me a little more at ease. I told him that I would need him to pick something up but I would call him and let him know when.
I headed to my moms house and picked up some taper candles, a couple of pieces from her wedding china, tabel cloth and napkins... and headed back to the house. I had so much to do before I could even put any of this stuff out because we have 2 BIG dogs that live in the kitchen... put their kennels outside swept and mopped and then I could set the table. (finished product pictures to follow)

Then came the really fun part, I made "Kiss" Clues, and cut them into strips... I taped them to the bottom of Hersey Kisses and placed them around the house... one problem... I realized after I put some of them out, that I was placing them in the places that the clues were talking about, so I ran around and re-hid them... (video at the end)

I called Paul and told him that he needed to pick up food from chilis but to not look at the receipt or the food!!! He came home and got into the shower while I got the table set up!






So we ate and enjoyed every bite of our steak, potatoes, and vegies (which we all know Paul did not have a part of but there were some one his plate.

Then we had some sweet shot desserts and the real fun began...
There is a video on Facebook. For some reason it will not allow me to post it on my blog... but many of you have seen it already:)


And that is how the best anniversary went down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment