Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rest In Peace Grandpa Robins



"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" Matthew 25:23

This morning a great man went home to be with his creator, father, Lord. My last living grandparent has left this Earth and is with his family and blushing bride in the greatest place we could ever imagine! At 91 years old he has seen and done so many things. To be inside his mind for a moment would reveal things that would captivate your mind.

He has been to the Holy Land and walked Jesus's steps. He has helped many a people in need. He served as a Deacon in his church for most of his life. He was married for over 60 years to the one woman he dedicated his heart to. He had suffered a loss of a child before birth, yet had three amazing daughters. He served in our country's military and led as an example to follow. He showed unconditional love to a brat of an only grandaughter who gave up her room when they came to visit. He came to my 'Grandparents Day' and danced with me at my wedding. There are sooo many things that I could ramble on about this man and the things he has done in his life.

He was a hard and amazing man. I get my stubborn side and my independence from things that he has taught me. As my heart breaks a little as we were not able to concieve before God took him home, I am reminded that he will always be here.

There is one thing that I was set on receiving from Him now that he is gone, and it has been the constant thing in my head since I can remember. He has a pin that he wore on his lapelle that read "How Can I Pray for You today?"

He has done many great things for the kingdom of God, and for that I will not be sad but rejoice. As the world may have lost a special servant for God, Heaven has greatly gained by bringing him Home.

1 comment:

  1. Tears. Such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing. And your right, he will always be with y'all in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete