Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A time of prayer...

As we are driving on our way to Orange Beach (Gulf Shores, AL) I am asking God to reveal himself to me in a new light. I don't need to know his devine plan for his creation, or even his will for my life, I just want my heart and mind to be opened to anything he wants me to know... that is my prayer.

My grandfather (and the only blood related grandparent I have left) is not doing so well at 91 years old. He went to the hospital last week after the assisted living staff found him in the fetal position in tremenous pain. He has had a few strokes and is not able to communicate, so they could not understand where he hurt. After many tests they have found that the muscles around his small intestine are no longer working to push food down... they put a scope in and were able to pump some of it out, but as of today he is asking for the exploritory surgery that could possibly end his life.

Is it bad that I am not upset about this??? He is 91 years old, and he has traveled the world he is a christian man and knows that if the Lord takes him home he will see his loving bride again. I love my grandfather, but if it is God's time to take him, who am I to complain...

Praying for God's will...until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment