Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running

About a month and 1/2 ago I was going strong! Having great work outs twice a day and I was seeing results. Then I hit a slump. I started just not caring. I wanted to watch T.V. and not do anything. Part of the reason is my house had become messy, which I am still stumped how 2 people can make such HUGE messes, and everything was out of order. Whoever said when your house is in dissaray so is everything else, they were 100% correct!. It all started a little over a month ago too.

You see my parents had bought us some bedroom furniture because my mother in law took hers back because she moved to Conroe. So we picked out what we liked and were so happy that we would have something of our own and that we could stop living off the closet floor. Well we thought that at least. Lets just say it has been less than a pleasing expirience. And after all this time we are still sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I am being humble knowing that there are people in the world that do not even have a roof over their heads much less a bed to sleep on, however my parents spent a good deal of money on this furniture so I think that they should get what they paid for... you know? Anyway, enough ranting about the furniture... my house was in chaos. When you cant tell if the clothes in your closet are clean or dirty because they are all on the floor... the kitchen counter tops looked so disgusting, because we have not cooked in weeks (besides frozen pizza) I just started to not care... about anything!

My relationship with God started slipping to the occasional "Hi God, I hope you give me the strength to not beat up my boss, or walk out of my job today" type of converation. Nothing meaningful just a checklist. I know we all get like this from time to time. But this week , with the help of my DH, the house got deep cleaned and clothes finally got put away. (no the furniture fiasco is not over) but at least we can put our clothes away. And I have had the motivation to start my week off right and take care of my relationship with God first thing in the morning! I wanted to make that a priority so then by focusing that time with my heavenly father I could have a better outlook on my day. I have been tested more these past two days, but because I know I have God on my side, things are much easier to deal with and suprisingly shrug off as not that big of a deal.

So today I went running, I was supposed to last night with a good friend who I have known since elementary school, but the rain came, and so did my desire to stay indoors and relax... lol. So today on the way home I decided I was for sure going to run(aka jog at a slow pace)/walk. I wanted to push myself and instead of running 1 mile in 30 min I ran 2.1 miles in 38 min! That was impressive for me!

While I was running a song came on by Rascal Flatts (running). "I wanna stop looking back, start moving on, and learn how to face my fears. Run with all of my heart, and make my mark. I wanna leave something here! Go out on a ledge without any net that's what I wanna be about! I wanna be running when the sand runs out!"

If there is anythign my grandfather taught me in his 91 years on this earth is that he ran the race towards the prize and was welcomed with open arms by his heavenly Father! What a priceless picture!

So I am going to run the race and fight the good fight so that my heavenly Father will call me his good and faithful servant! Won't you run with me?

If you share Christ while fearing rejection, your witness is not as strong as it could be, and your battle might be lost! Give it all and your efforts will not fail you! Isn't he worth risking everything for?

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment