Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I will not be Complacent

I have been challenged to not be complacent. It is time for me to get out of the emotional rut that I have been in and to get back to the fun loving GOd spirited woman that I am supposed to be. Not just reading my bible everyday but something that gives me a constant reminder of God's precious sacrafice for me.

I already run on a daily basis and have been running/walking everyday (with the exception of a few) for a month. At the end of today I will have gone 60 miles. I am motivated to keep going! I am so happy that I am still motivated to keep going every day and to make sure that I fit it in.

While I run I talk to God and marvel at his creation. I also depend on him alone to get me through my workout. This past weekend I decided Ineeded to play catchup for the coupleof days that I missed during the week. It would be a 6 mile day and I had never attempted to do 6 miles at one time. And for those of you who dont know that is 12 laps on my route in my neighborhood. Whew... I never thought I would make it... but I set out to do my best. And GOd delivered me through the pain, and through the sweat and I achieved those 6 miles in an hour and 45 min!

I praise him during my run. I love his creation, eventhough we have made a mess of it, it is still beautiful and God will be glorified in everything. BUt as much as I have been thanking God for his creation, I had become complacent in remembering the precious sacrafice of his son, Jesus Christ. I have gotten away from the complete awe and gratification to my Lord and Savior for the follow-through. I should be sacraficing myself everyday as a "living sacrafice" (Romans 12:1)very decision should be in rememberence of HIS glory and his life!

I am going to strip mysef of the negative, and focus on the positive! This is my goal. I have little things that I will do daily to remind myself of his precious gift of life to me. What will you do to remember God's gift to you everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment