Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Friday, March 18, 2011

Change the World



I was working today when this song came on my computer. It has been playing here and there the past couple of weeks, because I normally only listen to country when it is Rodeo season here in Houston, but this time I was entranced in it. It brought me back to when I was 5 and first accepted Christ.

My daddy always told me that I thought I could change the world... I never quite understood what he meant but I went along with it because I was daddy's little girl and he was my hero. He told me that I would be friends with a paper bag if I could. I pride myself on being a good friend. Even to those who others might think that might be undeserving. I thought I could change the world with my friendship... Showing true love for my friends one at a time. Being the type of friend that was there no matter what. Listened when I needed to listen. Offer a shoulder when it was needed. I am an encourager by design. That is the way God made me, and I am comfortable in that position. And in my mind that is how I was going to change the world. One friendship at a time.

The verse came to mind that speaks about love... and the person I should strive to be in every relationship that I have. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

We all should strive to live like this. And yes you hear many say this verse over and over, but how often do we live this... without false intentions? We are not foolish to think we can change the world, if we actually believe and put into action everything that we have heard growing up.

The unbelieving world may only see Jesus through you. We are not going to be perfect, no... but we should strive for that perfection anyway right? I know I am not perfect, I am so far from it - I intentionally make mistakes every day because of my selfish heart... but I also have enough smarts to know that I desperatley need God's grave and mercy, and to repent and move forward... if I am not condemned I can not condemn others...

So we are not fools to think we can change the world... it starts with us... one friendship at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment