Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/botanicalblissbannercopy.jpg

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finding Joy

With all of the changes that have happened this year, I have had a hard time finding the joy in my life. I am sure that most of the people that follow me are thinking that I have a lot to be joyful for and you are right I do! But no matter how blessed you are at times, we all can take it all for granted.

I fought God so hard on the decsion to change for a while. I did not want the change. But regardless of what I want he made the decision quite clear... The followinng are some of the things that God has taught me either while at church or thru my personal quiet time with him and him alone.

It is time for a fresh new start! Time to start living the way God intended for me to live. Why am I not living large for God? Why am I choosing to be so shallow in my relationship with him? I have had a lack of focus, lack of obedience, lack of humility, lack of hard work... how humble for God to reveal this to me right out of the gate...but still I fight spiritually. Still I fight emotionally.

Then Im told it would be a good idea to journal... and I do at times, but not all the time. Only when I feel things are going good. But really I should do it when things are upside down in my world. When I feel that there is no one to lean on. Realize that I did not make any major decisions during depression. I made the decisions according to God's word!

You only hurt yourself with being angry. You cant be better and grow in Christ at the same time. God loves my future, and he is going to reveal it to me each day as it comes.

I thrive myself on being a good friend... I have been a door-mat for my friends for the simple fact that if I am the only person someone turns to then I am honored to be that person. I dont care if it is the middle of the night and a friend needs a ride or if it is to bring meals because one of them has just given birth... I strive to be there, no matter if that is not returned. But there are certain things I need to recognize about my friends... 1.) are they loyal? Proverbs 18:24 - One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there isa friend who sticks closer than a brother. Am I a loyal friend? 2.) A friend covers an offence. - no one is perfect and you have to learn to let go. Proverbs 17:9 - Whoever would foster love covers an offence, but whoever repeats the matter seperates close friends. 3.) A friend keeps secrets - if this is not for you to share, DONT! We christainize Gosspi by saying well they did this bless their soul... Be a true friend and walk away from gossip. 4.) A friend answers honestly, sometimes to rebuke is better. 5.) A friend shapes us. "I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me?" 6.) A friend is born for trouble. "a friend walks in when everyone walks out." Friends stand together even at a great cost. 7.) A friend brings healing. James 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

I am taking more time to reflect... I need to enjoy the journey and take pride when God is getting me through the little things! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment